Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Landslide!!!!

On Sunday, we had gone to church and we were down on campus when the power went out.  I didn't really think much of it since we had gone without power for a while the previous day until one of my friends text me and asked if we were ok.  Apparently, there had been a landslide near our house that had taken out one of the major power poles.
Warren walked back up to our house and was able to see the landslide from campus. Of course, we are fine.  It started on the peak above our house and stopped about 200 yards from us.  A little too close for me, but thankfully, no one was hurt.  Here are some pictures.


 Our house is just below the white roof to the left. 



It's never boring here!! It rained very hard on Sunday night and Monday morning and I kept waking up thinking that I heard another landslide, when it was just torrential down pours.
Anyway, we are moving next Wednesday to a faculty house right next to campus, YAY!!! I will miss our amazing view, but we will only be about 1/4 of a mile from the beach and about a 2 minute walk from campus and farther away from potential landslides :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is quite the landslide, glad all is ok though!

    ReplyDelete