Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We have arrived!!!

Grace, Ayden and I arrived in Dominica on Saturday.  It is so different than when we left. It is much more up to date, for lack of a better way to describe it.  We have a grocery store that is amazing and there are many improvements to the school.
Warren did an amazing job finding our house. It sits at the top of banana trail and is quite a hike from the school, which is good.  We are only going to live here for 2 months, until a faculty house opens up next to campus in August.  This is our house.....



We live upstairs and it is a two bedroom house.  We have mango trees in our yard and Grace has LOVED picking them. The owner of the house installed two make-shift swings in the trees and Grace spends her time swinging in the mango trees.

This is banana trail.......


This is directly behind our house.  Banana trees as far as you can see.  The blue bags the trees are around the bananas to protect them from bugs. 
Banana trail leads straight up the mountain side.  The walk is killer and I should be a size 6 by now :)
This is my reward for climibing the hill up to our house....
This island is beautiful and I am humbled at how God has provided for us.  I registered the kids for school at the prepatory school on campus yesterday.  As most of you know, Ayden has a developmental delay and has been in a special needs pre-k for the past two years.  I was very nervous about brining him down to the island, but felt a peace about it.  Now I know why.  There is a spouse of a faculty member that has just arrived on the island as well.  She is going to work at the prepatory school, and guess what.....she is a special edcuation teacher.   I about cried when I heard that yesterday.  I am amazed at God's work in my life.
This was what greeted us as we walked down to take the kids to school for the first time today.  God's promise.....


No comments:

Post a Comment